Chit-chat


Monday, March 14, 2005

Tonsillectomy and Food Choices

It's only the second day after my tonsillectomy and it still feels weird not having my tonsils. The procedure was simple and fast; they put me in a very narrow operating table with my head on a donut-shaped pillow, attached some monitors from my head to my ankle and slipped a gas mask on my face. After two deep breaths, I passed out. The next thing I knew, I was already in the recovery room, with other patients, similarly disabled and had undergone an operation, and also in pain. The anaesthesia was about to wear out and the pain is slowly creeping in.

I felt blood in my throat, and I deliberated on swallowing it, or spitting it out. Well, the first option was hard with my throat still numb and sore, so I opted for the second option. I was back in my room after several hours and refused to eat for a day. My throat was still sore and I found it hard to swallow. The day after, I began to eat, starting with ice cream and ending with a chocolate mousse.

Now, this is worth it. Ten days of eating nothing but ice cream, soft cakes, and soup. I delighted on the thought. However, the delight ended when my wife came with a pint of ice cream for me, and a big, juicy hamburger for herself. Suddenly, this didn't turn out right. I realized I cannot eat sinigang, beef steak or pasta for the next 10 days.

Well, eating ice cream is delightful. Eating just it for 10 days is scary. I needed a change in my menu. So here are my choices:

1. Ice cream (plain)
2. Cold soup (cream of mushroom, noodles, but it has to be cold)
3. Soft, cold cakes
4. Really soft lugaw.
5. Vienna sausage (this should be the hardest food that I am allowed to eat)

Any other ideas for food choices anyone?

-Allan

1 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger stranger7800 said...

here's a suggestion that i'm sure you'll like:

i-blender mo ang mga paborito mong prutas (ex: strawberry, riped mango, peach, apple, banna, etc.), lagyan mo ng ice, gatas, at whipped cream...SIGURADO PATOK TO! wag mong dagdagan ng asukal para 100% healthy. tapos, bahala ka na kung anu-anong combination ng prutas ang gusto mo, mag-experiment ka na lang kung anong lasa ang the best. oh diba, madali nang lunukin, madaling i-prepare, masarap, at masustansya pa! suggestion ko nga ito sa pang-araw-araw.

pwede ring i-blender mo ang mga vegetables. medyo tricky nga lang kung paano mapapasarap ang lasa nito. experiment mo na lang ang mga ito: vegetables, olive oil, konting salt, spices, seasoning, little chunks of fried chicken or beef or pork.

HAPPY EATING! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home